Follow Us!

Twitter Pinterest Lace & Leather Google+

Pageviews

Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

#ManiMonday - Polish Review

Happy Holidays! 
I'm really excited since today will be my first nail polish review, I guess I'm doing more like 24 reviews, take away a few! Luckily for me I got the Ciaté advent calendar, which I am in love with! 
I did a quick manicure, and painted my nails with Amazing Gracie, and added some caviar pearls; silver. Sorry about this being late. 

 

Base Coat: Hard Rock, Deborah Lippmann
Nail Polish: Amazing Gracie, Ciaté
Art: Caviar Metallic Pearls - Silve, Ciaté 
Top Coat: Hard Rock, Deborah Lippmann


As always, I am blown away by Deborah Lippmann's, Hard Rock, Base and Top Coat, and all her nail polish too, but that shall wait for another day. 
I used lighter coloured polish for this, and that might describe why i had to apply three coats, but I did find it a little too thin. Its great quality, lasts for a long time, and my nails haven't chipped once yet! (It's been 5 days since I painted them (I wrote this earlier, on Saturday) and I hope and think that'll they'll last me awhile longer) 
The Caviar is a one night/day thing. It looks great when you first put it on, as long as you don't roll them in the polish (oopsies), but the pearls fall off, and the metallic wears off in the shower. All you're left with is some dents with metallic silver coating left in it. 
Overall, I love the polish, and the caviar is really pretty, stunning and eye catching, but it's not worth the time, effort, and it only stays for a day. I would recommend doing it for a fancy occasion or night out. 
The Ciaté instructions, or tips, suggests not to use top coat on the caviar pearls, but I think that, that might help, it'll keep the pearls on, and it'll keep the metallic siver on it. 

I give the whole manicure 4 stars. I would give it 5 but I'm a bit dissapointed with the caviar, nevertheless I will use it again though, it is quite beautiful and I do like the looks of it. 

I hope you like my nail polish review, comment or send us an email, telling me to do more, or if you have any suggestions. Remember to +1 our posts, and that we love you!


No comments: