Follow Us!

Twitter Pinterest Lace & Leather Google+

Pageviews

Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Inspiration Post - Disconnected

Hey everyone!
Alicia here! I really wanted to make a post (which doesn't happen everyday) so I'd thought I'd take advantage of that. This post is inspired by College Fashion who often does outfits that are based off of songs, artwork, etc. I've been listening to Disconnected by 5SOS a lot lately, so I thought that I'd make some outfits based off of the song. I really hope that you like this post, as I had a sudden urge to try something different!
I love you all!
~ Alicia

Disconnected By 5 Seconds Of Summer

You are my getaway
You are my favourite place

When I hear this lyric, I always think of my favourite place, which is in the mountains. I was inspired by this lyric to make my favourite outfit for a day in the mountains (or what would be my favourite outfit if I had all of these items). 
For this outfit, I chose a loose grey tank top, which is comfortable for a hot day. A pair of high waisted black shorts are perfect for this outfit, and a plaid shirt can either be tied around the waist when hiking or worn while it's windy. Keep the accessories simple with a long necklace and a pair of sunglasses. A side braid and grey Vans complete the look.

I like the summer rain
I don't know about you guys, but I really love the rain and the scent of rain. I love thunderstorms as well.
When it starts raining outside, grab your favourite pair of leggings, a hoodie and get comfy. A pair of daisy earrings are a cute accessory to add to this outfit. Relax during a rainstorm with a book, music or something similar. 

Hands, around my waist
You're counting up the hills across the sheets
Okay, so this was the hardest outfit to make even though it was the simplest. This lyric is very cute, and I really wanted to include it, but I had troubles making the outfit interesting. 
I always imagine lying in bed early in the morning when I hear this lyric, so I made this a pajama outfit. A loose t-shirt is both comfortable and cute for sleeping in. Pull on a pair of comfy pajama shorts (I chose superman ones because I thought they were adorable) and watch the sun rise outside your window. 
I included the glasses because some people (like me!) really need their glasses to see, and it'd be difficult to appreciate the morning skies when they're blurry! Putting your hair up in a messy bun gets it off your face, but if you don't mind loose locks, then leave your hair as is. 

I hope you guys liked the post! Please leave a comment if you liked it and you want me to do more posts like that! Don't forget to +1, subscribe, comment, or share if you liked the post! 
Email us at laceandleather101@gmail.com if you have any post ideas for us!

No comments: