Follow Us!

Twitter Pinterest Lace & Leather Google+

Pageviews

Popular Posts

Monday, June 2, 2014

#ManiMonday - Acid Wash/White Washed Tutorial

Hello Beautiful People! 
I'm super sorry about not posting on Monday, I don't really remember that far back currently, so I don't have any excuses (lucky you!). Anyways I have a lot of ideas for future posts that I'm super excited for, I just have to run them by Alicia but hopefully they will be up and around either before summer break or during summer break. I'm really looking forward to summer, not just because of no school, long nights, and sleepy mornings, but because of all the time I get to spend on L&L. 
Anyways lets get on with the tutorial! 
~Stina

I saw these cute nails on an Instagram post, so I attempted to recreate them, and I think I did a pretty good job. 

Materials: 
~Base Coat *optional* (I used Deborah Lippmann's Hard Rock) 
~Dark/Navy Blue, Shimmery or Matte (I used Essie's Aruba Blue) 
~White, Shimmery or Matte (I used Revlon's Powder Puff, it is a Matte Polish) 
~Top Coat *optional but suggested* (I used Deborah Lippmann's Hard Rock)
~Nail Polish Remover 
~Q-Tips 

Steps: 
1. Paint nails with base coat (if using) 
2. Gently roll the blue between your hands to mix it (instead of shaking, creates less bubbles) 
3. Paint nails with your blue polish, two to three coats 
4. After your blue has dried, paint on your top coat 
5. Make sure your top coat is completely dry. Paint on one coat of white polish (two if your polish is extremely thin). Let dry.
6. After dried, soak a tip of a Q-Tip in nail polish remover. Gently rub Q-Tip against nail, rubbing off some of the white. Continue until you leave the right amount of white polish behind, the other areas showing your dark blue. 
7. Continue Step 6 on all your nails (unless you were doing an accent nail/accent nails).
8. Finish off nails with a top coat and your set! 
9. Enjoy, and show off your beautiful nails! 


No comments: