Follow Us!

Twitter Pinterest Lace & Leather Google+

Pageviews

Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

DIY Tuesday!

Bonjour! 
How's your day been? Did anyone else have a hard time dragging themselves out of bed this morning to go to school or work? I know I did for sure! 
Again, I had a Valentine's DIY planned which I never had the time to get around to doing, so it appears that I'll just have to save it until next year. :( 
Here's are a few interesting DIYS for you guys! I may try a few out at some point, but if you try them out, leave a comment below telling us how it turned out or email us a photo! Remember to +1, comment, or email us if you liked this post!
~ Alicia

This is really cute!
I'm assuming that all you'd need is a fabric marker or sharpie, stencils (I've found these exact ones at the dollar store for less than $2), and a blank pillow cover. I found a similar pillow cover for around $50 on Etsy, and this project looks like it would only cost about $6-10 depending on the price of your pillow cover.

I'm definitely going to do this someday!
A friend of mine actually gave me this idea, but I found it in picture form for you all. Pretty self explanatory, all you need is a bucket, slips of paper and some coloured sharpies/pens. Write down items on your bucket list on the slips of paper and put them in the bucket!

I actually did a DIY very similar to this a few days ago. 
I wanted a black and white polka dot picture frame, but I couldn't find one that I liked online or in stores, so I decided to turn it into a DIY project. All I needed was an old picture frame, black and white paint (I used paint from an old paint by numbers kit for this!), an unused pencil and a spray bottle. 
First off, I painted the picture frame black and allowed it to dry. Then I took the white paint, put it onto an old margarine lid, and sprayed it with water. Before I'd sprayed the paint, the polka dots were coming out clumpy and un even, so the water made it much easier to work with. I soon ended up with a cute little picture frame very similar to the one above! 

Remember to comment or send us an email to tell us if you have any suggestions or requests for us! I hope you enjoyed this!

No comments: